Electric Car Charging Station Installation in Tampa, FL
Keeping Your Electric Vehicle Powered Up
Did you know that there are hundreds of electric car charging stations in the Tampa Bay area and more on the way? As the cost of gasoline continues to rise, many have found electric cars to be a viable source of transportation. As manufacturers continue to produce more and more electric cars these days, the demand for electric car charging stations has also steadily increased.
Electric car charging stations are needed to charge your car frequently, if not daily. At Small Jobs Electric®, our professional electricians have the knowledge to provide car charger installation services in Tampa to ensure your electrical service will be adequate to support the additional electrical demands. Put your electrical needs in the hands of professionals with more than 100 years of combined electrical knowledge.
Benefits Of Installing A Charging Station
Installing an Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station offers numerous benefits, making it a worthwhile investment:
- Environmental Impact: EVs produce zero tailpipe emissions, reducing air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions, thus contributing to combating climate change and improving air quality.
- Cost Savings: With lower fuel and maintenance costs compared to traditional gasoline vehicles, EV owners can save money over the long term. Additionally, some governments offer incentives or rebates for installing EV charging stations, further offsetting costs.
- Market Demand: As the demand for EVs continues to rise, having charging infrastructure in place can attract environmentally-conscious customers and enhance the value of properties, such as commercial buildings or parking facilities.
- Corporate Responsibility: Installing EV charging stations demonstrates a commitment to sustainability and corporate social responsibility, aligning with the values of environmentally-conscious consumers and stakeholders.
- Future-Proofing: With the global shift towards electrification in transportation, installing EV charging infrastructure now positions businesses and communities for the future, ensuring they remain competitive and adaptable to evolving market trends.
Overall, installing an EV charging station not only supports environmental sustainability but also offers financial, strategic, and reputational benefits. It represents a forward-thinking investment that addresses both present and future transportation needs while contributing to a cleaner, more sustainable future.
What Size EV Charging Station Should You Install for Your Car?
Electric car charging stations often pull a great deal of electricity. Depending on the type of charger you want to install, often, you will need an upgrade to your current electric service. When choosing an electric car, there are many varying sizes and capacities. The chargers to charge these vehicles depend on your existing electric service in your home.
There are three levels of electric vehicle chargers:
- Level 1 is a standard 120-volt wall outlet. Most homeowners are likely to have this already in their garages. However, charging your vehicle using such an outlet may take longer.
- Level 2 uses a 240-volt wall outlet and is one of the most preferred chargers for many homes with their own EV charging station.
- Level 3 uses DC Fast Chargers and is mostly used for commercial and industrial charging stations.
Book an Appointment with Our Tampa Electricians
Small Jobs Electric® can advise you on the best charger for your home. First, we will consult with you to learn about your specific need and preferences. We will then inspect your home to determine the location of the charger, length of the charging cable, portability, and more. We will also let you know upfront the cost of the service and schedule the most convenient appointment for the actual installation.
Give us a call at 813-968-5856 so we can get started on your electric car charging station in Tampa!