If you are like me, you like to get a good deal and a cheap electrician certainly sounds appealing. Many are just trying to save some money and feel that there’s no harm in hiring a cheap electrician. Well, is there? Consider this… At Small Jobs Electric, virtually every day we go to help our customers and find that the very cause of their problems is the use, in the past, of a cheap electrician, handyman or well-meaning friend. The workmanship is scary, to say the least. Hazardous or life-threatening at it’s worst!
WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL?
Often when we go out to these jobs we find a variety of issues:
- Open splices in attics – a serious fire hazard.
- Improper sized breaker or wiring – can cause electrical overload, shock or fire.
- Use of speaker wires instead of electrical wiring – what can we say.
- Recessed cans installed that are not rated to come in contact with insulation – fire hazard.
The list goes on and on and the risks and consequences are real. Cutting corners when it comes to such an important system in your home. If your are hiring an electrician, you may or may not know anything about electrical. If the later is true, you will likely not know the difference between legitimate, up to code electrical workmanship and the other end of the spectrum.
BUT THEY ARE ELECTRICIANS…
Are they? It is often good to ask those offering cheap electrical services several questions to determine if they are qualified to work on your place. You can ask:
- Are they well-known with a good reputation?
- Do they guarantee their work?
- Are they licensed and insured?
- Have they been in business more than 10 years?
- Are they current in their knowledge of the electrical codes?
- Will they pull a permit if needed? (This is in the customers best interests)
These questions will help you to determine if an electrician is suitable to be working on your home electrical system.
SMALL JOBS ELECTRIC – A GREAT CHOICE
If you are looking for an electrical company that can offer the protection an peace of mind that you need for electrical repairs, Small Jobs Electric is the best choice. Are we the cheapest electricians around? No. But the truth is: You get what you pay for. At Small Jobs Electric we do all we can to provide the best service to our customers. We definitely do not try to up-sell our customers or bleed them dry when we are serving them. Our up-front pricing guarantees that the customer will know what to expect before we even start our jobs. Also, our fee for estimates applies to the job if we are hired. We do not employ gimmicks or try to trick our customers. Plain and simply, we provide professional, guaranteed service to our customers. We hope you can see for yourself why Small Jobs Electric has been in business in Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Clearwater for over 30 years. Give us a call today!